• Start with only a few hardy fish. We recommend starting with Danios,
Barbs, or certain species of Tetras. These fish withstand the
• We recommend 1” of
fish per gallon of water for most setups. Larger or aggressive fish
will require more room than that.
• Balance your tank
with top, middle, and bottom dwelling species.
• Always mix fish of comparable size.
• Livebearers will do best if you have
2 females and 1 male
• Schooling fish do best if you have 3 or more
• Algae Eaters – Have only one or two per 10 gallons and only purchase them
after the nitrogen cycle is complete
Taking Your New Fish Home
• Transport your new fish home
• Avoid direct sunlight and changes in
temperature on the ride home
• Float bag in aquarium for 15
minutes. Then, slowly add some of your aquarium water to the bag a
few times spread out over another 15 minutes.
• Carefully net the fish from the bag
and place it into your aquarium. DO NOT pour bag water into your