Keep the following away from your pet:
• Fatty and rich foods
• Chocolate (Dark chocolate can be fatal to dogs)
• Uncooked meat, fish, and poultry
• Garbage (plastic bags)
• Poisonous plants like mistletoe, poinsetta, cyclamen, amaryllis, holly, and azaleas.
• Ribbons, yarn, and string causes intestinal obstruction and bunching and could get around your pet's neck
• Adhesives and glues appeal to animals, especially cats.
• Potpourri containing oils
• Candles (never leave unattended with pets)
• Place on a stable stand, or use wires to anchor it to your wall.
• Tree needles can be toxic and cause stomach irritation.
• Tinsel can cause intestinal problems
• Electric shock from chewing electrical cords is dangerous, spray them with 'Bitter Apple'
• Place ornaments that are small, or can be broken up, up hig.
• Avoid using food for tree decoration.